2 out of 3 is applied. Now this might look weird at this point so let me explain; after a bit of contemplating i decided to use the brown as the base color for. Reason being if i chose nato black it’ll be very hard to make a definition against the black primer (gunze 1500 black) so i needed another color, brown being a nice shadow for the green i opted with the brown as a base color. It’s a custom mix of (all tamiya) nato brown, gloss white, clear orange and smoke.
Than came the green but first i used tac to mask the brown parts and painted the rest of the green parts freehand overlapping into where the black would come because next step would be to mask the green again with tac and lay the final color. So yeah it is a bit of a weird way of doing things.
Why didn’t i fill in the tac with masking paper? Because i went in with a .2 needle working panel by panel with highly diluted paint. Even if there is overspray i am expecting it to act as a filter overy brown anyway. Down side with this method was the amount of hours accumulated, for the sake of it i’ve clocked around 20hours of paint with this 2 colors. Now if it is not worthy in the end, that’d really be a bummer and big huge waste honestly…

Post black primer i did some ground work for streaks and chips with white oil paint, some can be easily seen on the sharp edges of the sideskirts etc. i’ll improve them during the wx.

In the mean time i’ve painted Wilhelm, dunno why he’s frowning but looks like something’s going on with the rest of the crew inside, who knows what the scuttlebutt is…